Why Build or Buy a Green House??
3 ½ baths
3,711 square feet
Hardi plank exterior
0.73 approx acreage
- Icynene spray foam insulation provides a tighter barrier than traditional insulation, reducing energy costs and protecting residents against mold and other allergens.
- Low-E ENERGY STAR windows reflect radiant heat in the summer and retain interior heat in the winter.
- An ENERGY STAR advanced lighting package reduces energy cost with compact fluorescent bulbs and qualified hard-wired fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Two HVAC units with programmable thermostats lower energy costs, and sealed duct work prevents leakage.
- A tankless water heater with on-demand hot water adjusts the water temperature at the push of a button.
- Water-conserving plumbing fixtures and appliances reduce utility bills.
- Sealed, insulated crawl space saves on energy costs and prevents moisture from entering the home.
- ENERGY STAR kitchen appliances reduce energy needs and save money.
- Undisturbed shade trees on the homesite help cool the home’s interior in warmer months.
With a “Green Healthy Built” home, energy costs are reduced by:
- A closed crawl space.
- More efficient insulation.
- Tighter envelope.
- More efficient lighting fixtures and bulbs.
- A tankless water heater.
- Windows with low-e coatings that reduce heat loss.
- More shade trees left standing to help cool the interior in warmer weather.
- Kenmore Elite Stainless Steel Energy Star appliances - Double Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washer & Dryer
Renewal resources are used wherever possible such as:
- I Joist which are stronger and lighter but are manufactured with less materials.
- OSB Wood Sheathing which is made with wood chips and resin.
- Crushed asphalt as a base for the driveway
- Bottom ash for fill.
Water efficiency is achieved by using:
- Water conserving washing machine and dishwasher
- Showerheads and sink faucets
- A low volume non-spray irrigation system such as; drip irrigation, soaker hose, stream rotator spray heads & bubbler.